It's time to reward yourself with some "GOOD EATS"

Friday, December 6, 2013

Tripped and fell

Not really cooking but will be soon. This young hog tripped and fell right in front of my bullet. Not to big I am thinking maybe 50-60 pounds. Didn't get to weight so am guessing. Dressed out nice. I can't understand why more people don't eat these wild hogs. Yeah, they are some trouble to dress and get ready for the freezer. I am going to bone this one and grind the whole thing into sausage meat. Will make several kinds I am sure. Right now she is resting  in my freezer. I don't any pictures of the dressed product. I was just to cold by the time I finished dressing her out. Here is the photo of the fresh harvest.
Bleeding Out: 

1 comment:

Wild Ed said...

Those small feral hogs are excellent if you brine some cuts and smoke them. I like to take the backstraps and brine in equal parts brown sugar and kosher salt overnight, rinse well, roll in course ground black pepper and smoke until they reach a temp of about 160 degrees. I then put them in the refrigerator for a few days and let them dry. Enjoy, WildEd