It's time to reward yourself with some "GOOD EATS"

Monday, June 16, 2014

Chicken

Haven't posted about Chicken lately. Although we eat chicken often.
 Most of the time I cook chicken parts on the grill. Or maybe spatchcock style in the smoker.
But today I wanted to do something different. So Rotisserie chicken it was. Simple and easy to do. I trim most of the fat, use my own rub and I always truss my bird for rotisserie cooking. This keep it from flopping around. I cook it until the thigh temp is 165° to 170°. I cook indirect so as to not burn, but still gets crispy.
This bird came out, nice and moist with good flavor. I would of liked the skin a little more crispy though.
 Rotisserie Chicken: 

And y'all know with any great meal you have to have desert. And a good Southern Pecan pie can't be beat.
Pecan Pie:
Pecan Pie recipe:

Classic Old Fashioned Southern Pecan Pie

Ingredients
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup of light corn syrup
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 heaping tablespoon all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of pecans, coarsely chopped


  • Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the pie crust by placing it into an un-greased, regular 9-inch glass pie plate and fluting the edges.

  • Whisk the eggs together, then whisk in the sugar. Stir in the Karo syrup and the softened butter; mix well. Add the flour and the vanilla; combine well and fold in the pecans.

  • Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for about 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Shield outside edges of the pie with a pie shield or aluminum foil about halfway through cooking to prevent over browning.


No comments: