It's time to reward yourself with some "GOOD EATS"

Monday, November 5, 2012

Whats been Cooking.

Just a few ideas that have been going on at our house.
I call it GOOD EATS, bet you would to. Curing, Smoking meat and turning out some fine Bar-B-Que  is not that hard to do. Besides its a fun thing for the whole family and friends.
 Curing meat has been going on for hundreds of years.
Curing can be either wet or dry cure, I do both, depending on the cut of meat and the flavor profile I am trying to produce.
Bar-B-Que is taking a cheaper cut of meat and making something wonderful from it. Low heat and long cook. makes for good"Q"
Grilling is not bar-b-que, its grilling. Hot and fast cook, like a nice rib eye or T bone steak. And don't forget the burgers and hot dogs. And The blackened fish.
Sausage is another good food either smoked or fresh, I will save that for a later post. Thanks Bill
Picnic Ham: Hanging in the smokehouse.

Smoker Chicken
Pastrami
Bar-B-Que Pork Butt




2 comments:

Nick said...

Hey Bill,

It's Nick again. I saw your suggestion for curing chicken for the smokehouse on txbbqforum. I have to say I dont think I've ever had cured chicken other than sandwich slices from the deli. How do you eat it? Just make a meal like you would otherwise with chicken? Do you smoke it, then refridgerate it for later?

nick

ChileFarmer said...

Nick we just smoke it and eat like any cooked chicken. Its has a different flavor than BBQ. More of a ham flavor. Will also have a pink color when cooked. The color is from the cure. Not being under cooked.
http://texasbbqforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=18144 The recipe I use is here. Bill